What the Heck is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this as the only living thing riding along with my new live rock. It started out looking like a 1 inch long grub worm with red tips on both ends. Now it has elongated and has these little bulbous sections along its body. I am worried that it is some demon creature that will kill everything I try to keep. (I'm a newbie - Still very paranoid) Please help me ID this strange little worm like creature.

Not sure from the photos. What happend to them? They look all splochy like they where taken at 16 million colors and where saved as 256 colors or something.

Sorry about the pictures, something happened when uploading them. They look fine on my system but look awful after upload. I am trying another picture. :oops:

That's what a peanut worm looks like when it comes out to say "hello". Looks like it's been in a fight though. 8O

Cheers
Steve

What is a peanut worm? Will it attack and kill? Do I want it in the tank? Most of all, will it ever look better than that?

Peanut worms are harmless detrivors and a very good addition to the tank. All animals in the tank will eat pods to some degree so avoiding or removing an amimal on that basis alone is not wise or needed.

If the worm is damaged it may recover or possibley cause it to divide and form new ones.

Introduction to Sipuncula The Peanut Worms
Without a Backbone by Ronald Shimek

Cheers
Steve

If I went on ugly alone, I would get him out but since he has been named he must stay. Actually, we are not sure that "Willy" is still alive but until he either shrivels or gets too gross to look at, he has a home. As of tonight he has some new tank mates, 2 False Percula and a Yellow tang. We will see if he makes it through the night. 0X

If I went on ugly alone, I would get him out but since he has been named he must stay. Actually, we are not sure that "Willy" is still alive but until he either shrivels or gets too gross to look at, he has a home. As of tonight he has some new tank mates, 2 False Percula and a Yellow tang. We will see if he makes it through the night. 0X

Back
Top Bottom