What the heck is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
**** man get that out or just feed him as a ugly creature and keep him in like a small tank see how big he will get I hear they get huge never seen one in person (thank god would wanna deal with those aptaisias are enough of a problem for me)

AndrewsPistol said:
Bahahahaasssss!!!!! You tell him!!! Not so BA now, eh???

Too bad it's bad for the tank that thing is AWESOME!!!

You ssshh!!

And I agree. Get that thing out ASAP. It is cool looking though.

Species tank might be a good idea could be the forum mascot! The first real fire worm..... We shall call him pyro.... Lol

I'm fine with it being a mascot! I'm really surprised that no one has had one before. Of course, I would be the one with the really bad crap in his tank....

CD.Priest said:
I'm fine with it being a mascot! I'm really surprised that no one has had one before. Of course, I would be the one with the really bad crap in his tank....

Lol at least tree aren't more then one so they can re produce

Species tank might be a good idea could be the forum mascot! The first real fire worm..... We shall call him pyro.... Lol

He's worthy of a cheap 10g with a few pieces of rock, and you don't even need a high quality light. Toss in a few pieces of krill once in a while....... (y)

Reminds me of when I had a 10g tank for my Mantis Shrimp! That lasted about 6 months then he flicked the bottom pane of glass trying to shatter it, which scared me so he had to go -_-

I'm posting on this thread again to find out what ya did with the worm as well to help someone else compare theirs to yours. So I am kinda bumping it I guess. Did ya do the species tank for it? Just curious. :)

Ok, so I left the worm in there. With all the posts I wasn't really sure what to do. Now it is huge! Prob 6" long. I think I'm gonna take it out either way. Unless someone tells me not to. Can't seem to find any info on this thing. Fist time I have seen it in a while. Here are the pics I took last night. I have never seen this go up the glass like this. Only on rocks.

Attachments

• image-21406401.jpg
    image-21406401.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3449042340.jpg
    image-3449042340.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2813660583.jpg
    image-2813660583.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 83
I've got a trigger happy pistol shrimp who's always up for a challenge ?

I agree. That is a big, fat, bristle worm. The reason why it's growing so fast is because you are feeding it too much. Cut back on your feeding.
I have never heard that fireworms have no fear and bristles do...No offense, but I got a good laugh out of that!
In tanks that are heavily fed, I have seen bristles all over the place, out in the open.
Here's a picture of a refugium of mine a few years back. I took it to note the Oenone fulgida worm (the one with the eyes), but as you can see, they love to come out...just toss a couple pellets in-
img_2322787_0_1dad27c06090308555a314a8b3c6f20a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom