What type of Algae is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschroller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,
I noticed the other day that I have some weird looking algae growing on the cliffs in my 30 gallon fish tank. I am not too sure what it is. It looks like their are bubbles growing out of this algae. If that sounds confusing, I have attached some pictures so hopefully someone can identify it. Thanks in advance.
alge1.JPG

alge2.JPG

Should I worry about this algae? Is it harmful to my fish? Where can I find more info? Thanks again guys

From what I've had to deal with this is that this algae can spread, so try to get it under control. I'm guessing you are using tapwater or distilled water for waterchanges? That's usually where it came from when I was using tapwater back in the day. That and poor water circulation. Try trimming back your lights a bit to get it in control. It also might be from too many nutrients in the water (ie- overfeeding).

HTH's

Try using Chemi Clean, I had the same problem when i first started. Used this stuff and it went away after a few days. You'll have to do a water change after adding.

Back
Top Bottom