What type of algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
this green algea grows in my tank during the day like a week. then at night it dies. i was wondering what type it is and how do i get rid or it. it also grows on my sand and my rocks too. TIA

http://www.garf.org/reefjanitors.html

This might help you out. I do not know the name of the green algae but it says here that it can turn into hair algae. They also list what kind of snails and crabs to pick up for it...also if it developes into hair algae I used the same snails and crabs they list and some emarald crabs. Don't know which did it, but it cleared up pretty much over night. Could have burned itself out too, but at any rate thats what I used.

i had some of that ...i had a kole tang and a hand full of turbo snails tear that up real fast..it appears in my tank every now and then but the turbo snails usually takes care of it ..and then i clean the rest :D

okay new algea now
its green and pretty thick and looks like coraline only green, is it coraline or something else.

Just pack that tank with janitors and that stuff will slowly cease to exist. I keep 1-2 crabs/snails etc. per gallon and I do very little glass cleaning, mostly just to keep the corraline from blocking my view. And picking up some snails here or there is a great excuse to hit the LFS!

Back
Top Bottom