What type of coral is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i picked up this coral and its a nice baby pink color. The lfs owner is chinese and has a heavy accent and i couldnt understand him. He said it grows slow and that i got it from the lps area. Can anyone identify this at all?

Attachments

• image-1000653222.jpg
    image-1000653222.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 113
Some kind of zoanthid. They keep changing the names on these things and half the time they aren't the same name for the same zoa. They all require the same care though. Medium lighting and flow.

Thank you. Its not a zoo. The ridges are all hard. No soft areas on this piece

Still having a hard time believing folks bring home corals without knowing what it is. I've seen folks get lucky and bring home rock with unexpected surprise coral on it. At the very least, look for a book at the lfs and have them show it to you even if you can't understand the accent.

It's beautiful. Good luck with it, but we should really avoid bringing things home w/out knowing what it is. :)

I asked the guy and he told me. Its the only coral that i didnt know what it was. Its different than any piece that i know of. I just hated to make him repeat ten times.

I called him and he said its a goniopora. My luck ive might bought a dead frag. It looks alive but doesnt have the flowerpot look

Yea i know. But usually they have the flower look to it. This one does not. Also, it does not have the dead coral skeleton. It looks alive and has color. I guess why i was confused with the guy at the lfs.

Back
Top Bottom