what type of polyps are these plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORION411

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought this from my lfs and they were beautiful for about a week now they don't all come out it's been about 2 weeks like this and I'm not sure if placement is bad or what I've got it on the bottom right corner of my 29 gallon bio-cube
I was hoping to get it to grow up the back wall of the tank sorry in advance if I'm posting in the wrong area I'm a noon lol
ForumRunner_20120219_211959.jpg

Ahhh sweet Ty for the id now I just gotta figure out why they haven't been coming out like they 1st were :)

The purple is the encrusting base from which they grow. Even if they all die, the purple stuff sticks around for quite a while.
As for why they aren't opening up lately, how is the lighting and flow where they are, and what are the water parameters?

MacDracor said:
The purple is the encrusting base from which they grow. Even if they all die, the purple stuff sticks around for quite a while.
As for why they aren't opening up lately, how is the lighting and flow where they are, and what are the water parameters?

I knew it was the base just wondered if purple is the normal colour

The lighting in the cube is the stock fixture the 29g Bio cube came with the lights are 50/50's, the water flow is just the pump from the filter area and a koralia nano power head my water reads as follows Ph 8.1 nitrate not detectable calcium 450ish phosphate not detectable alkalinity 3.5ish mEq/L. I have a liquid test kit I use to personally test it and also have my local lfs test it every 2 weeks or so just to make sure lol

And yes they've always been purple when closed, usually were all out during the day light hours And u could barely c the base but now it's seems the opposite :-(

Unfortunately I do not have those 2 test atm but when I get my lfs to check it's always good I do a 10% water change every week use ro water and red sea coral pro salt

Nope they are the newest addition and nothing else close that's y I put them back there it just seemed naked back there lol everything else seems to be doing fine water, always check's out no changes that's what's got me spun :-\

It's moderate it keeps the polyps that come out usually blowing towards the opposite side of the tank but not so bad they look like their in a hurricane

Back
Top Bottom