What's growing around my Acans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panathinaikos55

Aquarium Advice Regular
Picked up this Acan frag at a frag swap about a month ago with only a few heads. It's growing nicely, but so are these Polyps that are virtually surrounding it now.

Any ideas what they are and how I should go about removing them without hurting the Acan?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180309_171240.jpg
    20180309_171240.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 109
Doesn't look like aiptasia to me. I see star polyps of some sort. With that said, I'd either scrape them off or paste over them with some kalk. A gorgeous monti growing in my tank is worth 100% more to me than any type of star polyp.

I tried taking a better picture but it's a tad out of focus. Either way, you can see them a bit clearer.

Attachments

• 20180309_230619.jpg
    20180309_230619.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 116
Definitely aiptasia. Take the frag out in a thing of tank water and just toothbrush them off. Then rinse in clean tank water and back in. Repeat until they’re all dead!

Definitely aiptasia. Take the frag out in a thing of tank water and just toothbrush them off. Then rinse in clean tank water and back in. Repeat until they’re all dead!

Thanks. I already bought some aiptasia x. Should be here tomorrow!

NOW it looks like aiptasia. Def don't scrape at any of it and use the aiptasia-x. That stuff does work wonders.

Thanks. After the first comment I googled a picture of it and it looked exactly like what I saw so I immediately ordered Aiptasia X.

Should I remove the small rock from my tank and apply the Aiptasia X in a bucket of tank water instead of doing it in my tank... just in case?

Back
Top Bottom