whats growing on my live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have these green spots all over my live rock i dont know what they are. i am hoping its not the start of a calerpa outbreak or something like that. i did have that in my refugium but i took it out now. the video quality is not so great but if anyone can ID this for me it would be great thank you. you can kill the sound if you'd like accidentally left a video on lol.

Its hard to tell with that video. Usually green spots are bubble algae. Emerald crabs love it. They took care of my prob with that within a few days.

im pretty sure its not bubble algae because it looks like stalks are starting to pertrude from the base. and these are light light green, from my understanding or from what i have seen bubble algea is a ugly dark green that clumps up.

Yea ur right. Bubble algae is dark green and usually the size of a pea. However emerald crabs eat almost any kind of green algae. They aren't to expensive so it may be worth a shot.

yea i am going to give it a try and add 2 more tonight i had one in their but haven't seen him in awhile probably can contribute that to my blue spot puffer who i wish i could get out of my reef but my families to attached to him lol. doesn't go after my corals but deff is doing me no good when it comes to my CUC. i have a lot of hermit crabs in my tank they dont eat this kind of stuff?

yea i have some blue legs but doesent seem to be touching it. i was going to get a fox face regardless not even to eliminate this problem if it becomes one you think they would munch down on it if it ever started to grow out of control.

Back
Top Bottom