What's on my LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like some sort of zoanthid to me but I'm fairly new to saltwater so hopefully someone more wise than me will pop along

Thanks Kenvace! Ye lets hope sow. I dont think its zoas. Hmm :p

Well reefy if you are such am expert shame you are having to ask. No need for sarcasm

Didnt mean that:) im just wondring! Sorry. It dont look like a zoanthid but maybee

They are not zoas, but some sort of extremely mad LPS coral. Does it look any different when they day lights are on?

Seems like they are closing at night. And at daytime they are like on the picture. Hope its a coral:)!

Is the tank cycled? That type of skeleton could be a candycane, blastomussa, maybe a galaxea. You won't know for sure until the polyps fully open.

Im on day 10, the LR was from the LFS same with the sand and mixed water, they told me that the LR was good and the tank didnt need that mutch cycling. It that right? Salinity is 1.024 and PH (8.0-8,5), ammonia (0), nitrite (0), and nitrat (over 10). I have 3 hermitcrabs and 1 turbosnail + hitchikers that came with the LR. The hermitceabs seems fine, one have change shell/skinn. No water change has been made, i have top off with ro/di water from the LFS

Back
Top Bottom