whats this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reyjgd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Idk I got a good one for u guys I just notice this guy right next to the colt frag I got I search all over the web as snail and havent found its id yet hope u guys have any luck im kinda worried if its bad

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130401_220118.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130401_220118.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20130401_220132.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130401_220132.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20130401_220209.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130401_220209.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 102
Could be a type of nudibranch. I would QT it until you have a positive id. Looks predatory IMO

Yup just looked it up and it looks just like it bout to read up on it u also said its predator im guessing towards the frags ?

It's impossible to know exactly what species of nudi it is, if it is one anyways. The majority of nudibranchs are NOT reef safe and will eat on corals. Especially the polyps on SPS corals

Yea it was the nudi one now I read up on it and a guy had one that ate his colt coral ehich makes sence cuz my frag was pretty big and I just seen the creature there after moving it thinkin the current wad too strong ... but yea after moving the frag a bit he went right back to the coral ... so I flush the guy down which leads to another question were did it came from its been about 4 - 5 months since I last purchased a frag fish ect

Tritoniopsis elegans. They eat soft corals. My guess is maybe it hitched a ride on a soft coral you bought?

Tritoniopsis elegans. They eat soft corals. My guess is maybe it hitched a ride on a soft coral you bought?

I honestly hot no idea like I said I havent bought anything in months and my colt was blooming till now after 4 - 6 months

Back
Top Bottom