What's this clown fish called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wael El-Dasher

Aquarium Advice Activist
The tank of the month for March 2011 on reefkeeping.com has a photo of a clown fish but I couldn't figure out which clown fish is it. Anyone know? It looks really great.

2011-1-22-Tank 025.jpg

cheers

Wael

I don't know what type it is, I'm a freshwater girl, but if you close up on it it looks angry. It's a very cool clown though.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

That is a picasso, but it has more black than most that you see in shops (probably older and more mature colors).

That is a picasso, and they are very expensive clownfish. Most people say they are designer clowns. I saw one at my LFS and the guy was asking $500 for ONE!!!! outrageous. beautiful, though.

The ones from ORA are expensive, but I didn't think even their best ones were going for that much anymore. There are some imported ones that are down in the $50-100 range now.

The most recent ones from ORA that are going to be the most expensive are the snowflake (all white, maybe with color on the fins) and those are/were going for $800-1,000 per pair. I think they came out with something since them though, maybe a solid black.

Back
Top Bottom