Whats this guy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ObscureReef- great pics of your 70 gallon by the way. :)

Thanks, still pretty new, but getting there :). It's all in the research (I know this gets repetitive). Not claiming to be an expert or know a lot b/c one can never stop learning. Can't believe we only know some 7% about the ocean! Ahh sorry to get off topic.

To theOP, I'd like to know how it goes with that fish b/c I think I might get one in the future.

He's super fun to watch. :) I lime him so far and he's definitely helping the algae on the sand bed in his little area.

obscurereef said:
Thanks, still pretty new, but getting there :). It's all in the research (I know this gets repetitive). Not claiming to be an expert or know a lot b/c one can never stop learning. Can't believe we only know some 7% about the ocean! Ahh sorry to get off topic.

To theOP, I'd like to know how it goes with that fish b/c I think I might get one in the future.

I've had a purple/pink spotted goby for about 9 months and I absolutely love him! Hands down one of my favorite fish. I would highly recommend him.

Attachments

• image-1103211072.jpg
    image-1103211072.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 84
You should probably let him out of the bag now if its been 9 months already. He's probably acclimated! LOL! ;)

pzunker said:
You should probably let him out of the bag now if its been 9 months already. He's probably acclimated! LOL! ;)

Lol yea I stumbled across my photos from when I first got him! I picked him up at a LFS for a super cheap price and I hadn't seen this coloration up to that point so I had to have him.

Haha. Great choices and glad you love them. Pretty cool how they sift sand through their gills. Oh he looks pretty gray in the picture, but pictures never do justice.

Does he eat prepared food. I had one killed my pod population in a week. I hand feed the buggar for two months and unfortunately he didn't make it. Feed it lots to keep it fat. They sift sand constantly for micro fauna so small feedings multiple times a day will be your best friend. Do you have any tank info for us?

Mine accepts pellet food. I usually bury it in the sand right infront of his home and he sifts the pellets out.

Back
Top Bottom