white growth in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjreynolds

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys and gals,

I don't actually own a tank but I have a friend that does. He does not have internet so i figured I would try to help him out.

recently, he noticed that there is this elongated white growth all over the tank. It is more concentrated on this rock at the bottom of the tank.He wants to know what may have caused it and how to go get rid of it. There are 2 fish in a 50 gallon tank. A blow fish and a danzel. I am attaching a picture which shows the white growth. Sorry I could not provide a better picture, but if you look closely, you can see the white elongated growth on the rock. He is worried that this growth could hurt his fish. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-08 at 5.58.49 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-04-08 at 5.58.49 PM.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 80
Sponges are harmless filter feeders that come and ago as the nutrients that help them grow, also come and go. Don't worry about them.

However, could you get a closer pic? Maybe if we could see them better, it would be easier for us to identify what they are exactly.

For some reason I cant get the pic to work. Most likely some type of sponge growth. Moving this to the SW ID forum.

Back
Top Bottom