white hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
just found a ton of this white hair what in the world is it
it wasn't there yesterday now its everywhere what is it and how do i get it out
my daughter tried to suck some out but it just stays there
in all my days i never seen this almost like a white turf

nitrate .03
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
ph 8.4
phos .03
alk 10
cal 500
img_3061960_0_dc54f71e5e9ddde623755c2702d60e68.jpg

That's weird. My guess would be sponge as well but I doubt that is right. Would be really cool to look at a sample under a microscope

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Didnt see you say you tried to suck it out, that is wierd. I have no clue what that would be

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

just may need to find me a bigger diameter siphon hose and try to suck up 1 or 2 small sections till it gone
it almost looks like fine white grass i thought the fish were building a golf coarse
my clown brushed away 1 spot it almost looks like Ramon noodles under the sand
you know how a cube of noodles look, weird

Hi 54seaweed, just wondering if you've had any luck with ID or getting or getting rid of this? Not sure what you've got in your tank but at a long shot maybe this is off a coral or some other critter waging major warfare? Its amazing really! I've never seen anything like it!

it's some type of parasite , it made tubs in the sand looks almost like raman noodles thats how much it intertwined , been removing small sections of sand that is basically infested with it , about half the tank is done now the slow removal continues getting the other half, it is coming out in brick like chunks
just got to go slow don't want to crash the tank

than adding new sand with out making a dust cloud thats going to be fun lol

after I dug up the sand that was a brick of tubs almost looking like raman noodles through out the sand bed I came across a big void in the sand it was packed with tons of small 1/4 inch white worms with the diameter of a hair , I searched and searched couldn't find a answer , I concluded it was a parasite because how it over took the sand bed so fast
since all the bad sand was removed I'm going to leave it like this for a week or so to see if they show up again ,
it was like a invasion as fast as it happen and that is what leads me to think its a parasite , I'm still searching for a answer , I just couldn't sit back and just watch it take over

just a puffer last month other than that nothing
there was a small patch then that I didn't think nothing of cause it didn't seem to be a big deal and nothing was added for 2 months prior to the puffer
like I said there was a small patch before puffer was added so I don't think he brought it in
EDIT: a nem a little over a month ago

Back
Top Bottom