white lice like things on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goinpostal

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i have these white tiny lice like looking things on my glass the do move aroundon the glass and there are alot of them there is no way to get a picture i think they all to small very tiny any idea what they are ?
i thought i saw a topic like this but i couldn't find it

They are most likely amphipods (larger) or copepods (very small). An indication of a healthy environment, good source of fish food, and help keep the tank clean. Their population will cycle throughout the life of your tank. Sometimes you will have millions of them and other times you won't be able to fins any.

Mark

ok they do look like little fleas some very very small no red tinge i am worried that it is something bad started to panic

small pods on glass

Yes, I have them as well. Millions of them on the glass. They are exceedingly small...maybe 1/4 the size of your average pod. If you get a magnifying glass, you can see their eggs...typically just above the sand bed. Sometimes you can see an individual with a small cluster of these eggs attached to their rear.

I'm sure they are harmless. I may add a pod-eater to reduce the populations somewhat.

Do they look like these?

Sorry for the picture quality. The photo was actually better, but I overcompressed it trying to meet the photo standards of this site....

yep that's it thanks for the pic so they are ok and won't hurt anything thats good i guess i can calm my nerves a bit now i am very new to this and still have alot more reading i'd like to do so thanks for everyones thoughts it helps alot

Back
Top Bottom