White mold like stuff on my Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boris854

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hay anyone I have a new tank ( about 6 weeks old ) everything is fine PH, Alk,Phos, Everything, but over the last week a white hard mold like substance has shown up and mover from one rock to include another rock now. I have about 40 lbs. of live rock all dark rock. I have two strawberry crabs 3 red crabs three blue leg crabs one turbo large and a couple other snails. I had two bumblebee snails but lost them to the crabs. About 6 fish do I need to remove these rocks or is this a normal thing for a tank of this age to go thru. :(

Okay Here they are

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO REPLY BUT I had to fine my tripod irst Pic is 4 weeks ago and the last pic is from today. You can't really see but in the first pic their is no white on the rock to the left I moved them after this shot and the pic on the right shows the two rocks now the little piece with the pink on it under the large red rock (in the right photo) this is the second rock in the photo on the left (looking at the picture on the left it shows 6 pcs. of live rock and all are supposed to be cured rock from PetCo.) This happened in a week and a half and looks like its spreeding to only the second rock (so far) light is on for about 9 to 10 hrs a day and I rechecked everything and all is normal (ph, alky, Salinity) everything. :banghead:

Attachments

• 20130326_0032.jpg
    20130326_0032.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20130411_0063.jpg
    20130411_0063.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom