White podlike creatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freak821

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had a 45 gallon saltwater tank for the last 5 months. I have live rock and coral substrate. I had mushroom coral, but they seemed to have died. Over the last few weeks I have noticed these white pod like, no more than a 1/4 inch, things "growing" in my tank. At first, they just attached themselves to the top of the corners of the tank. I thought it was bad algae so I just cleaned them off. Some seem to appear on some of the live rock, but interestingly, the majority of these little white creatures are just laying at the bottom of the sump of my wet/dry filter. They don't swim or move, they just lay there. They haven't gotten any bigger either. What is this? Are they cucumbers? Parasites? Are they harmful? They don't look like any type of zooplankton that I have seen. They look like little cucumbers with hair like wisps at the top end... Please advise...

Thanks...I will try to get a picture this weekend. I checked out the thread and it sounds like it could be these pineapple sponges. I will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom