White slime?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdine6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me identify a type of white slime that grows in my tank. The tank is a 55 gallon reef with aqua c skimmer, HOB filter, and Tek lighting. Water parameter look good:
Ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, and phosphate is 0. Alk is 8, calcium is 450, pH 8.2. There are four fish and numerous SPS, LPS, and softies. I use RO/ DI water and change the filters frequently. PWC of 10% every 2 weeks. I feed every 2 to 3 days mysis and coral smoothie. I also use B Ionic. The stuff grows on my rocks, filter, and powerheads. I use a toothbrush to try and remove it but have to scrub it very hard to get it off. It does not seem to grow or bother and of the corals. Any ideas on what it is and how to get rid of it? Thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• image-4077490746.jpg
    image-4077490746.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1519870361.jpg
    image-1519870361.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 101
get the same stuff...it will cover a small portion of a rock...then a day later it will be gone. I have no clue what it is.

I search and search but cannot seem to find anything that resembles it. I'm not sure if it's bacterial or algae

Back
Top Bottom