White specks on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefmob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Noticed them 2 days after I added coraline gro red sea... But not sure if it is coraline
Any ideas

Attachments

• image-1430908293.jpg
    image-1430908293.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 132
  • image-4188779475.jpg
    image-4188779475.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 116
Just looked closer and they look a bit pinkish... Could this be coraline????

It's not likely that coralline would gather so quickly after dosing that purple up stuff.

Do they wipe off at all? maybe they are small pods? I get them on my glass from time to time and after a week or two they tend to go away.

No they rely don't wipe of with the mag float.. I had to scratch them off.. There on my power-head too..

Could be coralline, can't be 100% without seeing it very clearly. but if it is you might wanna scrape it off the glass as it will just get impossible to remove after awhile. lol

I let it grow on my powerheads for a few months then after it gets really caked on I soak them in a vinegar water mix and it makes the powerhead look brand new. :)

Are they little hard spirals because I know I have featherdusters that'll grow on by back glass pretty quickly and are tiny when they first start but I've never had that problem on panes that get cleaned regularly

From the description,they sound like spirorbid worms,a harmless little filter feeder that looks like a feather duster in a tiny snail shell,if so,it's also a sign of a happy tank as they thrive and breed in good water conditions.Can't tell from your pic though,but heres a close up of what they look like.

Attachments

• spirorbis_2.jpg
    spirorbis_2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 88
Ya that's what I was talking about..didn't know the proper name though :)

Thanks so much for that pic... Cuz now I know it has to be coraline it looks nothing like the pic.. No feather duster or anything... Just an innate calcium speck that's white pink..

Unless it can be anything else?

If its just a flat pinkisj white spot its just calcium deposits. My snail is covered on it.

Back
Top Bottom