White Stuff...on my Live Rock...???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok people....what the heck is this stuff? It is milky in color and very very very delicate. It appears as if it is a spider web. Yesterday it was broken up (it was covering a hole in the rock), now today it is completely repaired and the hole is covered again. I saw it on the rock when I bought it and asked the guy at the LFS what it was. He said he didn't know. Can you people tell me what this is?

Sparky

Should I get rid of it? It seems to "repair" itself when it is broken open. wierd stuff. Just like when you mess up a spiderweb..the spider comes back and fixes it...LOL

Is it bad for the tank?

Thanks. I will do just that. I think. I'm not too good at this stuff. I don't don't even know what fouling is....LOL. Maybe I can post a picture of the LR that it's on and someone can tell me where it might be coming from.

Thanks again Reffrunner

OK I am posting a couple of pictures of the only thing on the rocks that even resembles anything that is growing or has grown on the rock. I have searched the forums and at other sites for this and can not find a picture resembling it anywhere

The white stuff from before is in the lower right of the picture. The stuff on the rock that I have no idea about is in the center of the pic.

Back
Top Bottom