WHITE TENTACLES FROM TGW BODY OF MY MUSHROOM???? tentacles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craigj247

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anybody know what this is coming out of my green mushroom??? Is it normal... They are like little white tentacles.

You mushroom is eviscerating. It is spitting out its insides. They do this when stressed (it was bumped, rock fell on it, parameters are off etc) or for self defense (another coral is too close)

It's not coming out from it's mouth but from small pores on the body of the mushroom.

I have had mine do this a few times. It was because the were getting used to the tank one time and the other time is because my eel knocked their rock over and it landed upside down. Each time they were a little shriveled up for a day or so but bounced back. I would check to make sure you tank parameters ( like salinity, ammonia, nitrates etc) are ok and if everything is fine then give it a couple of days. If something is off on your parameters then you need to fix that and see if the mushroom gets better

Thanks for the input means a lot. The weird thing is that my tank parameters are fine... I maintain a very good water quality with weekly 1/3 water changes.... No other corals near it and all I have a a few zoas which are far away... Thanks a bunch again... Shall watch him over the next few hours and keep you updated.

Yeah I have had the guy for about 1 year now and I saw this happen once before a longtime back... Fingers crossed!

u had it for a year and it hasnt split? my mushroom looks similar and ive had it for like 3 months and its huge

is mine never going to split too? just grow really big lol

Ha ha dude I know what you mean man :) I started spot feeding a couple months back hoping it would split and still nothing. I think the little bugger is not splitting just to bug me :p

Back
Top Bottom