White/transparent wispy things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaimi187

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a white transparent thing growing in my tank. It's growing on my live rock, live sand, the walls of my aquarium, the fake decorations, even my hermit crabs shell. The only thing it isn't growing on is the fish. My tanks has been set up for months and this appeared recently. The best way I can describe it is a short transparent almost stem like thing that tapers off into a ball of white with wispy things coming off it. I'll list the levels of the water below, but I just want to know how to get rid of it.

KH-240
pH-8
NO2-.5
NO3-80
NH3-0
Salt-1.026
Temp-84

Possibly a type of Anemone or more specifically a small Aptasia as they tend to spread all over tank and arent too pleasing on the eye. A picture would help though mate just to confirm what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pictures come out horribly and would do it no justice but I'm pretty sure it's a type of algae. All I need help with now is how to get it off my live rock without killing the rock.

Being that your nitrates are so high, I would assume they are sponges. But we need pics to help confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom