Who are these guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrelkins1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Purchased this unit used. Oceanic 40 gallon set up as a reef. Poorly maintained. Got it moved and cleaned. Five fish and a Sea Anemone. Three snails. One starfish. Water tests fine and everyone (animals) survived. Added a Castle 1000 canister filter. cpr Aquafluge ps 2. One power head. Coming along.

Can anyone sell me who these guys are. Maroon Clownfish? Rest?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24544&stc=1&d=1279128411
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24545&stc=1&d=1279128415

Attachments

• Reef 71410-1.jpg
    Reef 71410-1.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Reef 71410-3.jpg
    Reef 71410-3.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 85
Thanks Ray. They have been together for a while. The Maroon Clown chases the small Damsel if he gets close to the Anemone. Think I could add a Yellow Tang?

Not in a 40g tank. I don't know of any tang I'd put in there. Look at that LiveAquaria.com site I gave you. Check out the fish profiles for marine fish. It'll tell you there about minimum tank sizes for various fish.

I'd like to see you get a liquid test kit and start monitoring nitrate, ph, and etc. And sometimes when tanks are movedm they can have mini-cylces and the ammonia and nitrite goes up (which shuld be both a zero, by the way). How was it moved when you purchased it and when?

We moved it in my Prius. Fish were put in a bucket of water from the aquarium. Rock was put in 5 gallon buckets with water from the aquarium. Substrate was washed and washed until clean. Tank was scrubbed clean. As much water as possible was saved. New saltwater added. Red slime chemical was added two days later. 20% water change each week for two weeks. Canister filter was cleaned as well. CPR protein/refurium was added a week later. It's been running since we moved it June 27th. LFS had to reorder the correct light for the cpr Aquafluge ps 2. One they sent was 23 inches instead of 18 inches. I will go pick it up Saturday and buy a test kit. I am more interested in corals than fish. The LFS (Waco) is 50 minute drive. Owner is very good with saltwater it appears. Is in no hurry for me to add anything. I told him I wanted a wet/dry with a protein skimmer. He recommended the cpr. I don't particular like it because of the light for it above.

The mostly black damsel is called a Blue Velvet damsel and it is a mean guy. You think the Maroon Clown is tough wait till the BV starts to assert itself. I had one that was banished to it's own tank after devouring my zoas and messing with other fish.

I don't think anyone is going to mess with the Maroon Clown that much. He and the Blue Velvet seem to be buds. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom