Work hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-89497377.jpg

Found this guy at feeding time today, he's about 1 long and can stretch to almost 3. Just like to know what's in my tank.

almost looks like a sweeper tentacle from a coral, may just be a part of a larger organism not the organism itself, but I'm definitely not an expert so hopefully others will chime in

interesting. i have noticed a similiar thing in my tank. looks like a wisp of hair but you can see little lines kinda going across it. it does look and behave a lot like a sweeper tentacle. but it doesnt match up to the type of sweeper associated with the coral rock it is attached too for me.

almost looks like a sweeper tentacle from a coral, may just be a part of a larger organism not the organism itself, but I'm definitely not an expert so hopefully others will chime in

100% it's a worm on its own the pic shows front to back and it moved all around the rock.

Google vermetid snail. See if that what you're seeing. If so, the filter feed. Not really harmful, but can irritate some corals an make some of the polyps close.

Didn't see anything that looked like it. Somewhere around is a link to id'ing worms I came across it at one point. If anyone has a like I'd love to paruse that to figure this out.

Peanut worm?
Mine is sorta stripped on one side but plain beige on the other. Only seen it one time.

Def not a peanut, it really looks like loc-line. Or just little tiny balls all stuck together

It's not a peanut worm! I have one exactly like in my tank, been trying to id it, no luck so far.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone on this battle my Lfs says the closest thing to it is a fireworm. I'm not buying it at this point. Do you see yours often?

Well I'm glad I'm not alone on this battle my Lfs says the closest thing to it is a fireworm. I'm not buying it at this point. Do you see yours often?

It don't come out often, but I promise to post a pic the very next time I see it. It don't look like a fireworm to me!

image-2379254010.jpg

I tried to enlarge the pic. Does it look like yours?

Looks similar, but not the body on mine looks like a string of marbles, yours looks like it has more of a body.

Looks similar, but not the body on mine looks like a string of marbles, yours looks like it has more of a body.

That's because he isn't stretched out. Either way, I'd like to know what it is!!!!!

if its got little hairs all over it its a bristle worm. which i have tons of in my LR. and they are harmless to your tank. they are great clean up crew and will eat any food that gets swept up into the rocks where the fish cant get to it.

Back
Top Bottom