Worm...friend or foe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alink708

Aquarium Advice Activist
1st off...it's not a bristle! I noticed him maybe 5 -7 months ago, he's still in the same spot. Green in color, 5 antena, noticible jaws. He comes about 5 inches out of his rock and is about 1/8" thick maybe a little more. He is lightning fast to retract into his rock....but today he could care less about me....he let me take about 20 pics with the flash without showing any care...even tapped on the stand and he diddnt move. Usually if I even breath he darts back into hiding.
I posted about him a few months ago , but now I have pics to go with it... heres a few, the ones of his head diddnt come out too good. Im guessing eunicid worm? He doesnt seem to bother anything at the moment. Think he should stay or go?
Also the red on him in the pics is from the flashlight...

Attachments

• S5031012.jpg
    S5031012.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 89
  • S5031015.jpg
    S5031015.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 73
  • S5031019.jpg
    S5031019.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 82
  • S5031021.jpg
    S5031021.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 83
Kinda looks like a. Bristle.. Hard to see though

Thanks Joy, I have been on that page a few times...closest thing I see is eunicid, but I was wondering about this particular one as it says some are harmless scavengers and some are soft coral eaters.

If you don't want it, perhaps move it to your sump if you have one? I'm not a fan of bristle worms and move them down to the sump when/if i can catch them.

No sump, I have a cube. He's kinda cool , if he's just a scavenger he can stay, I dont mind the worms unless they are harming livestock or coral. From what I observe so far he comes out and grabs a pellet or grains of sand and brings them back in his hole. His burrow is right next to some mushrooms, never seen him mess with them. Also watched many pods, mini brittle stars and hermits walk right by his face without him going after them.. So I dunno...

Back
Top Bottom