Worm on LR Needs ID - Common Bristleworm...or Fireworm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
My wife was on her computer today... she glanced over to the tank and caught a worm coming out of the live rock that she nor I had seen before. Is it just a large bristle worm...or do I have a something else more worrisome??

Thanks

Attachments

• worm2_214.jpg
    worm2_214.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 327
Looks like a fireworm to me. The bristles look to white and feathery for a bristleworm.

I agree. To be safe, I would get rid of this one. I had one that grew huge (10 inches long and bigger around then my thumb) in my tank and almost killed my rose BTA. This is a ruthless preditor and should be taken out. Do not touch it.

Any recommendations for removal?? From what my wife told me...it was pretty quick...not sure if I am that fast with the tweezers.

Thanks

WC

I am just a bit north from you Aquanaut...in Southern/Central Maine! Glad to see another New Englander on AA!

WC

I'm leary. Could be a bearded Carribean fireworm. I would still yank it to b sure. I found this in my tank going for my anemone...

Attachments

• copy__3__of_uploadable_pics_007_585x438.jpg
    copy__3__of_uploadable_pics_007_585x438.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 109
  • copy__5__of_uploadable_pics_001_585x438.jpg
    copy__5__of_uploadable_pics_001_585x438.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom