Worms in my rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vlrm23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have any idea what these are?

PicsArt_1347259705499.jpg

They only come out at night. They won't actually come all the way out of the rock and they're totally clear.

Had them in my tanks for ages but I can't tell you exactly what they are. Totally harmless detritus feeders. You may see more if your rock has collected pockets of detritus. I always took them as a sign that it was time to clean my live rock with a small power head before my next few water changes. They aren't bad one bit.

Okay cool. I don't have any power heads, but I'll see what I can do. :) My filter has enough flow for my pico.

Vlrm23 said:
Okay cool. I don't have any power heads, but I'll see what I can do. :) My filter has enough flow for my pico.

HOB filters generate their flow at what is directly in front of them, which is the back of the rocks. One method of removing debris from the front of the rocks is to put the filter on the front of the tank for a day or two. You'll be surprised at how much detritus it can pick up like this. You could also use a turkey baster to suspend some of it in the water and let the filter remove it that way. What size tank are we talking about?

Back
Top Bottom