Wow! What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i found this on my LR! Looks like a ball of algea or something... Any ideas? Thanks!!

spoonman said:
IT'S A TORCH!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! Honestly looks like some type of anemone....

Torch was my first guess;)

I was thinking some macro algae or somthing at first but i dont know

spoonman said:
IT'S A TORCH!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! Honestly looks like some type of anemone....

Hahaha yeah looks like a torch to me too!! ;)

Haha you guys are wack. I need some expert advice over here, for all i know this could be a yellow tang!

In case anyone wants to id it looks like a ball of algea stuff. Its soft, but doesnt act like algea because it stays in a tight little ball. Its kinda like a cotton ball...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha you guys are wack. I need some expert advice over here, for all i know this could be a yellow tang!

In case anyone wants to id it looks like a ball of algea stuff. Its soft, but doesnt act like algea because it stays in a tight little ball. Its kinda like a cotton ball...

Did it just show up out of nowhere?
Maybe a type of moving anemone? I think I've seen one or something like it at my lfs! Can you get a better picture of it?
I'll see if I can swing by there tomorrow and see if they still have whatever it is

I think you have discovered a new coral! Shall I start the bid at 500$$. ;)

Looks like a nem covered in hairline algae. Have an aiptasia?

Hmm.. Its a crazy little thing. I will get more pics tomorrow but it is very hairy... Feels like a moss ball (for those freshie people out there ;) )

Back
Top Bottom