Zebra Stripped looking worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a worm thats attached to some of my poylps or near them. I was just wondering if this is a bad or good worm or even if it is a worm. Right now it looks like its curled up and has the patteren of black and white let me know THANX!

Is it coming out of the rock? My first thought since it's zebra striped would be a brittle star leg.

Yes it appears to be coming out of the rock but IDK if its a starfish, it seems hard when I touch it and it doesnt move.

Below is a pic of my zebra striped Sipunculan or "Peanut Worm". He is nocturnal and soft 'n squishy, not hard. You can't get near them to touch one, it will hide. Don't think yours is a worm though.

Sorry about the fuzzy pic for he is way in the back of the tank.

Attachments

• sipunculanniceshotclosedmouthresize.jpg
    sipunculanniceshotclosedmouthresize.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 65
That is kinda what mine look likes only equal amouds of black and white. As for texture it seems hard and when I poke it it doesnt move.

Posting a pic would be very helpful.

As for texture it seems hard and when I poke it it doesnt move.
From what you describe, sounds like either a vermetid snails or possibley a parasitic snail, Heliacus variegatus. I doesn't sound like a worm, it would definately react when touched.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom