Zoa id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
Over the weekend I bought some corals from this place up in north aurora ,il called reef plus, which is a knowledgable place he knew the names one of the zoas but not the other. They have a pink disc and a tan skirt he said they were pretty rare. Anyone want to confirm this and tell me what the name is?

I tried to take one but you can't tell the color from my ipod

I don't think that's it. It's like a light hot pink

could be pink panther or pink lemonade...there are a ton of different names for Zoas...

If you can post a pic I could probably help more

Il try and use a camera sometime but thanks for trying :)

Wow I've never seen that color on any zoos..very impressive specimen but sorry can't ID : /

To me, and I'm no expert, those look more like pink Palythoas, than Zoanthids. Palys are usually more iridescent(sp?) or translucent, with a depth to the color, not like a painted surface.
I bought some before that we're very similar in appearance to yours as Palys.
Nice colony!

Mrc8858 said:
Wow I've never seen that color on any zoos..very impressive specimen but sorry can't ID : /

I've been told they are rare :p

I think I have the same pink ones. :) There are soo many names for zoos though so I wouldnt chase after a positive ID.

I have some "rare" zoos, but I buy them for how they look not for their "rareness" or "value". But that's just me! lol

carey said:
I think I have the same pink ones. :) There are soo many names for zoos though so I wouldnt chase after a positive ID.

I have some "rare" zoos, but I buy them for how they look not for their "rareness" or "value". But that's just me! lol

Yes I didn't find out they were rare till after I bought them he said $30 so I took it because the beautiful pink Either way I'm happy:)

Back
Top Bottom