2.5 Gallon Madness!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, what kind of crabs are those? I'm guessing one is a porcelain as mentioned but not sure which is which.

Tank looks great!

Pom pom crab. He has two little anemones, one on each claw that he uses for defense and hunting, the anemones eat scraps of food when the crab is feeding. If one dies, the pom pom crab will cut the other one in half and boths halves grow back into full anemones again.

The other crab is a anemone porcelain crab I have had him for about a month now. The tank is a fluval spec with a moded hood for better lighting. I have a build thread under members saltwater aquariums, this is more for just pics.

Add some blue LEDs to the hood and painted it black

Attachments

• image-810809675.jpg
    image-810809675.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 300
  • image-3360027620.jpg
    image-3360027620.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 305
  • image-2326464436.jpg
    image-2326464436.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 296
Wow that middle picture with moon light looks amazing.

Here is some pics of the other pico.

Attachments

• image-4280797099.jpg
    image-4280797099.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 222
  • image-944395823.jpg
    image-944395823.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 215
I don't think I ever mentioned how crazy beautiful your tanks are. What other tanks have you had before this?

Those crabs look awesome, I love the Pom Pom! Your tank looks awesome, great job and that lighting is great.

I don't think I ever mentioned how crazy beautiful your tanks are. What other tanks have you had before this?

Thanks!

Actually these are my first 2 reef tanks, before this i had a 29g FOWLR for about 2 year but its wasn't anything special and i had no idea what i was doing. All I had was an eel named Neil and a puffer named Peter that eat ERrrevrythan!!!!

I was in the military and deployed a lot and didn't have much time for a tank. But now I'm out and got back into it with my wife, we love it its just a really chill hobby. (not as chill as my other hobby though....) So I just have been reading a lot on these forums and learning as much as I can. Now I am in the middle of building a 45g rimless starphire myself.

If you can't tell I like to build stuff!

Omg im so scared to try saltwater but this.....is so inspiring. I need to start my research.....and savings. Would <3 a seahorse tank....but how small can they live in???

Cobaltskyy said:
Omg im so scared to try saltwater but this.....is so inspiring. I need to start my research.....and savings. Would <3 a seahorse tank....but how small can they live in???

Thank you, you should give salt water a try. It's not as hard as you think. As for seahorses I don't have any experience with them so I'm not sure what size tank they need.

Back
Top Bottom