2.5 gallon planted tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prowakeboarder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just wanted to show off my creation and see what you guys think! Currently I have hornswort, banana plant, anubias, argentine sword, and kyoto. Fish are an electric blue balloon ram, cherry barb, 2 guppies, and an oto! I would like to get a plant that is red to add some variety! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-3841023048.jpg
    image-3841023048.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 261
Looks very pretty but you do know it is way overstocked? I love the sand

Thank you! Yes I am aware of the overstocking issue. I don't plan on adding any more fish, just some pretty plants! Lets just say I got excited in the beginning before I knew what I was doing and bought too many fish...

Thank you! Yes I am aware of the overstocking issue. I don't plan on adding any more fish, just some pretty plants! Lets just say I got excited in the beginning before I knew what I was doing and bought too many fish...

No worries I did that too. I'd get your fish a bigger tank though, and you have even more options to create another stunning tank!

No worries I did that too. I'd get your fish a bigger tank though, and you have even more options to create another stunning tank!

I am working on getting a 10 gallon tank sometime in the near future, only problem is space! I figure I will plan it out first and then go for it.

Can you recommend any red plants for my tank? I have the perfect spot in the back right corner but I just don't know what would work!

Dwarf Sagittarius is a favorite of mine.

I like the look of that one. Kinda grassy but not as red from the pictures I've seen. I'm pretty sure I have a good enough light to get a really colorful plant in there!

Here are some updated pictures of my 2.5 gallon planted tank! I added some red plants as well as a plant with purple flowers (neither of which I know the name of).

Attachments

• image-2056236514.jpg
    image-2056236514.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3837157497.jpg
    image-3837157497.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom