2 day olds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally out of 4 pairs I have a successful spawn.

community tank, 52g FBH, planted yada yada
2dbnxp4.jpg

here are the parents, female is light, male is black, both half wilds.
33nux75.jpg

I will get the much better 14mpx camera out to take better shots of the babies. They are about the size of newborn guppy fry and are still holding a yolk sac. Parents are **** bent on keeping them alive by any means.

Congrats! Looks like two beautiful parents to me! How are they doing as parents? They take turns fanning?

Yes they did take turns fanning and they fan every now and then but they let the current do most that work. They placed the eggs quite well this time.

As far as parenting skills, they attack and attack hard, thursday I did a PWC on it(again today) and thats when I noticed the eggs after being brutally attacked by the mom moreso then the dad he stuck by the eggs flaring everything he could at me.

There are two other breeding angels in there(3yo), pair of breeding curviceps,breeding pair of gbr's, 4 dwarf plecos,kuhlli's oto's corydoras and they are keeping them all well away from the brood. Nothing injuring but they are being very protective parents. 3 years in the making and finally success. On the other hand KAI's pinoy female and one of my super veil blue marble males have their 3rd set of eggs on lowryders shale and are as well being very protective unlike their prior spawns.

I think a pair of my dad's discus are spawning right now too, I know my corydoras spawned the day before yesterday and there are fertile eggs in the chaos of their spawn. I think the high pressure moving in set them off, temps dropped almost 30 degrees overnight and then it all started.....

Ya, i hope mine breed there all quarter size right now though. Got some time.

Wonderful fish

I know they came from a wild parent and domestic parent. They were aquired from chris at windycitydiscus.com. Here are the parents, two angels on the left.
ap6zd3.jpg

Here is the last pic of them. I am going to tear down my 45H and BB it with shale and potted amazons to insure survival. They swam into the overflow and are no more.
2e5v9th.jpg

First successful angel breed in 3 years, I guess the way I am going is the right way with removing them.

The only issue is I have another breeding pair in the 45H KAI's pinoy leopard female and one of my super veil blue marble males(he is close to 12" from top to bottom with the pointy fins) and while I had the 3 blue marble males and the pinoy in there I did not notice ANY violence at all so I am hoping that carries over into the bigger tank with the other fish, The parents of the now dead fry are extremely aggressive when eggs and fry are in the tank and I hope that will be cured in the 45H.

Better luck next time....best part is they do all the work no effort on my part.

Back
Top Bottom