20gallon long nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judyheitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It’s been up now for a couple of months. Starting to get some green string algae but really haven’t seen any brown diatoms at this point. I have decreased the lighting time and also added four cherry shrimp, one amano shrimp, and a Nerite snail. I am trying to find the right balance so to allow the critters to eat the algae but also to not starve if and when they should deplete it. I may add another amount of shrimp this week, and then if things are looking better will move him to a different tank. I’ve started dozing with Seachem Excell so I’m hopeful it won’t be long to get on top of this LG problem. Right now in my tank I have Helbrose catfish, green neon raspora, Chili Raspora, Endlers, Otocinclus, and CPD. IMG_0010.jpg

Looks nice: I like the natural "bottom of a pond" look you gave it. You'll probably get the string algae under control eventually, but you may need to use a toothbrush to "harvest it" in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom