Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2016, 11:19 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Looks like a good fish buffet! Good to see the Betta eating his veggies!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

29 bowfront from goldfish to my pride and joy

So I'm thinking of rescaling
The Betta has tattered fins and it looks self induced from squeezing into places
My plan is to take the current scape and set it up in the 38 gallon.....then look for natural, Betta safe material to set up some caves and plant it. I also need to figure out which fish I can house in there with him

He was fine with neon tetras, just ignores them but I will be getting a new heater and neons don't like it over 78....my old heater kept it at 77

So I need something with a higher temperature range to go in at 80-83....without fancy fins

This is my current scape
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	293123

This is our cool mr Betta, in his salt bath for healing Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1484110186.926046.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	293124

Old 01-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #23
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

This last summer, my tank hit 81-82 for days on end: the neons seemed to do just fine, though perhaps they were stressed and I just didn't notice it. I'm no saying it would definitely work: just offering a data point.

As for new companions for the betta, both cardinals and rummynoses like the higher temps. I'm not sure how they'd get along with the betta, though.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

29 bowfront from goldfish to my pride and joy

Are they nippy fish? As long as they ignore the Betta, he ignores them

I have a 38gallon ready to hold the neons as well as my wcmm. It's currently wintering goldfish while cycling
Old 01-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassymomma View Post
So I'm thinking of rescaling
The Betta has tattered fins and it looks self induced from squeezing into places
My plan is to take the current scape and set it up in the 38 gallon.....then look for natural, Betta safe material to set up some caves and plant it. I also need to figure out which fish I can house in there with him

He was fine with neon tetras, just ignores them but I will be getting a new heater and neons don't like it over 78....my old heater kept it at 77

So I need something with a higher temperature range to go in at 80-83....without fancy fins

This is my current scape
Attachment 293123

This is our cool mr Betta, in his salt bath for healing Attachment 293124
I really love your current scape. I received a Betta for Christmas, apparently I am hard to shop for and a fish was the first thing that came to mind, and in the little time I have had with him I adore him so good luck with Mr. Betta healing up.

Anyways, from what research I have been doing for a larger tank for my betta + some potential tankmates for me to enjoy I think I came across most of the suggestions you have on the first page of this thread. I'm pretty sure you are looking for a mid-level fish though so the first thing that came to my mind that hasn't been said yet would have to be the Blind Cave Fish. I had a fair sized school of them a while back and I have to say they were surprisingly entertaining fish. They are unlikely to cause problems and are a fairly peaceful fish. They are fast enough that if your Betta tries to cause a problem, the BCF will just outswim him. That and no fancy fins or colours to set off your Betta.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks, I was fond of this scape too, but I really loved having the Betta in the 29, as opposed to a ten in my bedroom. I actually have a chair by my tank, where I relax while the others watch tv lol

I figure it will take a few months to come up with a plan I really like again but to watch him shimmering, it's worth it

I started with a couple of glass caves....will move out from thereClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1484190828.429215.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	293160of course the pagoda will have to go, I only put it in so the neons can hide....they seem to like the cavesClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1484190952.686312.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	293161

My next step is a better heater, then plants and wood

Thanks for the fish tip I'll look for some. I was also considering platies ....my lfs keeps Betta with them
Old 01-25-2017, 10:42 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Updated scapeClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0490.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	293853

My pleco kept hanging out in my filter so I built him a better cave
Old 01-26-2017, 04:21 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks good. Plants look great
Old 01-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks

One piece at a time lol

I want to get some shrimp in there but need some more cover first.....was thinking last night that if I get some java moss, it will grow in the mesh of the cave that I built and hide it for me, whilst providing cover for shrimp

Right now it's buried in rocks and sand but you can still see the meshClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1485437550.309219.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	293858
Old 01-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

I always liked your tank. Us jungle people have to stick together against the formal guys and gals.

Tags
bowfront, fish, gold, goldfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com