29 bowfront from goldfish to my pride and joy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm laughing tonight at my assassin snails

I bought algae wafers for the pleco and forgot to tell my snails to share

All four climbed on while the pleco sucked on the walls

[emoji23]

Got my harlequins today

Found out they are jumpers, which is a bit unfortunate because it means I can't qt(no lid)

They went in the tank and are recovering colour now Image1488581254.076302.jpg

Also new driftwood and Anubis

Yup, 3-4 inches

I lost one, but still have 8....going to move out the assassin snails and tetras just in case they breed.

I also found and added the plastic strip for my lid, so it fits flush on the tank with no gaps

Think I triggered a mini cycle when I added the harlequins

The nitrite spiked into the purple yesterday and I lost one..bringing me to 7 out of the nine I bought

I'm running.25/.25/10

Hate it when my tanks get out of whack:/

0 nitrite as of yesterday
Still trace ammonia....not enough to turn green
Nitrates 30???

I added some bacteria supplement and Prime to help manage the parameters

And the tank is now under anti fungal meds, as I am certain that the fungal infection is the root cause

I'll add Prime daily to detox if I read anything go high during the treatment

Sir Munch a Lot is happy to babysit the snails and expensive, healthy plants while the cheap, fluffy ones stay in the tank with the meds
Image1489334288.387013.jpgImage1489334341.483826.jpg

All but neons are healthy now

I'm trying to decide whether to treat the whole tank with the second dose or pull aside the neons and just do them

The pleco isn't happy with the meds, and the harlequins weren't sick in the first place....only one was affected and it died

So I decided to move the neons and minnows. Both were among the first to come down ill, so I'll watch to see if they need a second dose

I arranged my tanks and desk to make myself a little office in my dining room [emoji16]Image1489545479.198844.jpg

Harlequins starting to come in sick now

I did second dose on both tanks

Pulled one sick harlequin over to the ten g for better observation whilst treating because his schoolmates were nipping and he went belly up for a second a couple times

Yes, it's getting very frustrating

Things went south after I broke my arm in December, and I can't seem to fix it

I bought the harlequins because I was sure this was neon-specific viral, after multiple treatments

Then the first harlequin died of fungus and I knew what to treat....but I get annoyed with every loss because I dropped $30 on the school and I have lost nearly half of them now..... and of course when this is over I will need to bring it back up to ten again so that's more money over top of the meds

The harlequins were supposed to have been the final touch on my 29, so I could move on to plan the new 38 stocking :/

Sorry to unload on you there....these forums are kinda my outlet lol

Back
Top Bottom