80 G Tank with moon lights ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skidrow52

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new into Saltwater fish keeping but an old aquarist , this is my new tank's picture my 3rd saltwater tank which is the biggest 80 gallons.

Looking for feedback...

Attachments

• 261120095443.jpg
    261120095443.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 117
Good rock work so far but I'd consider making space on the side glasses to clean'm. Gonna get ugly IMO.

Cycling now? Why is the sand so dark? Diatoms?

Tell us more about your tank's status so we can help you more.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your feedback:) Well yeah you are right i should have considered the space on the sides, anyways the tank is cycled with 0 Ammonia, 0 NItrite , PH 8.3, calcium 400, nitrat is 40 :(

Its green kind of algae growing on sand ... i have a layer of crushed coral at the bottom over that a 2 inch layer sand.

1 Canistor filter, 1 7W Sterilizer, and a small sump.. using SeaChem Matrix for bio filtration in both canistor and sump.

You gotta get those nitrates under control. 20 and under is acceptable for SW tanks. Closer to zero is even better.

How old is the tank, what's in it (livestock), and what and how often are you feeding?

45 days old tank, I am in a hope that the nitrates will reduce by the help of the bacteria converting them into nitrogen gas, as I have a good number of live rocks ... just hoping.

I had a good number of live stocks but a lot of fish died because of the ICH parasite, now 2 Dominoe damsels, 1 yellow tail damsel, ritteri anemone, clown fish, 2 mono angel fish, 2 camel shrimps, 3 feather dusters, favia coral, and a large number of spider crabs which I can see in the rocks occasionally.

I feed twice or 3 times a day as much fish eats within 2-3 minute.

You gotta get those nitrates under control. 20 and under is acceptable for SW tanks. Closer to zero is even better.

How old is the tank, what's in it (livestock), and what and how often are you feeding?

Bingo!!!! Waaaay too much feeding. That's your nitrate cause.

Once a day is just fine. I and others have had a lot of success feeding every other day too.

You're also pushing it having that much in a tank only 40 some days old. I can see whay others have already died too. I know it's hard, but you're moving too fast.

Back
Top Bottom