a big nasty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robert nellson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i pulled this bristle worm out of my tank today. he really makes me cringe so i thought i would share the feeling

img_930792_0_9f27aa39a7cb72de130fe812e1423f15.jpg

img_930792_1_46e6b8f341e07219026dc98ccf64cfdd.jpg

img_930792_2_13516646c5fda5250d7004a1d82fc7ea.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwwue...nasty is right...great picture, but even better, great catch !! How did you get it? I have some of those nasties in my 35H I am getting ready to break down...any tips?

Almost looks like the fireworm with the white hairy stuff. Those pack a nasty punch I've heard if touched. I guess it's just the close-up that I've never seen my bristleworms with the hair. The fireworms are full of the hair. No mistaking those.

God Please help us all!!!

I will be in a fetal position under my blankets at home.. Just take it away...

:(

copepod i had tried a few traps with no success then yesterday i was rescaping the rocks and this guy was lying under one so i grabbed it with tongs to get i out i feel good that i shared the "joy" now :)

I'm sorry Tony. I see that you were comparing it to the bobbit worm now. Thought you were calling it one.

Maybe I should read a little better. :silly:

Excellent photos!

Ray, don't think for one second that a bristle worm doesn't pack a punch too. I speak from experience. Nasty little buggers.

Good choice to use the tongs when handling that guy!

I know nothing about these but that guy is awesome!

Robert, you have to be incredibly fast to have caught him !!!! I have seen them slither across my tank really fast...for EIGHT years...YUK...sure hope none are as bit as that Daddy...I have caught a few in traps also, but if they are THAT big they won't fit...GADs...I don't even want to put my hand down in the tank now.

What are you going to do with it????

Ok.. stupid question.. how do they get in the tank and why are you removing them?

mudfrog: they hitchhike on live rock they can be dangerous to corals

copepod: i lifted the rock up exposing it to light so i think i put it into shock then i put it in vinegar and tossed it in the flowerbed

I am new here so I am just now seeing this pic......I can honestly say I have goose bumps all over n my skin is crawling.....My goodness, that is not something I want to run into. I hope my new tank does not have any house quests like that one. LOL:p

Back
Top Bottom