A few pics of my 72

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zezmo

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few pics of my 72 gallon tank that I took Today.

Full Tank
72-02-08_full_sml.jpg

Pearl Grouami showing off
72-02-08-Pearl_Gourami_sml.jpg

Blue Tetras, one of my favorite
72-02-08-Blue_Tetra.jpg

My monster Anubias grows right out of the water.
72-02-08_A_barteri_above.jpg

Another shot from above the water.
72-02-08-A_reineckii-above.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Now that's cool looking. How long did it take you to get the plants that size?

I am planning on trying to move to a planted tank at some point. But for now I need to get this one working. Looks great.

Stunning!

Are you sure those are blue tetras? I've never seen any with that coloration in the fins. Those are gorgeous, and I need a school!

I am drooling with envy. Very very pretty and I love the blue tetras I have never see them.

Thank you all for the kind words. ;-)

The tank has been set up for a couple years, so some of the plants like the Anubias have been growing that long. The current layout has been growing out since August.

The Blue tetras are one of my favorites too. I have seen them in other tanks and they are always that nice blue. What I wasn't expecting was the pink and purlple finnage and trim. The pictures don't really show the purple in the tail, or the green flecks down the sides of thier body. These are very active fish and hard to photograph.

This is actually a fairly low maintenance tank. I do 50% water changes every other week. Fertilize per a modified EI (Aquarium Plants and the Barr Report - Aquatic Plants). The plants need triming once a month at the most.

Very beautiful tank, Zezmo! I love it! Those Blue Tetras are absolutely gorgeous. I have seen those before (at the LFS, in other people's pictures), but never as beautiful looking as yours.

Tall tank question

:silly: Hello,
I have a 45 corner unit that is rather tall, does any one have one of these set up and what do you think would be the best way to go about seeting it up for a african cichlid tank. ALl the wonderful tanks i look at are all long not tall.

Thanks
Suzanne

Back
Top Bottom