A trip to the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Took a trip to the "not so" LFS and took a few pics. This is my first aquarium photography with my current camera. Here are a few pics.

Broom tail wrasse (maybe, not sure on the ID)
_MG_8098.jpg

ricordea
_MG_8135.jpg

dog faced puffer
_MG_8149.jpg

flame angel going after a snack
_MG_8156.jpg

it sucks they don't keep their tanks cleaner, but thought this was a cool shot anyway.
_MG_8087.jpg

Wow, those are gorgeous pics!!!!
What camera do you have? (How many megapixels?) And what lens (objective)?

Thanks.

I have a Canon 20d (8 megapixels), the lens used for these shots was a tamron 90mm macro, I also used a sigma super DG 500 external flash w/lumiquest pocket bounce diffuser.

Holy!!!!! you know what I mean! Those are incredible! I think I am in shock! I want your picture taking skills. Thanks so much for sharing.

Wow great photos I plan on entering a mini fish compettition which involves taking images ... any advice?

Thanks Zagz and Steven.

Steven, what kind of advice are you wanting? To advise on how to get better pics...I'd need to see an example of your best work, what camera your using and the settings for the pic.

Hey kevin,

Once again I am amazed at your skill with a camera. Good thing you don't enter the monthly contest every month :)

Thanks Rich!

zenn said:
20D is a nice camera. It can take some amazing photos.

Imagine, if you will, sitting down to a nice meal prepared by your mother (or wife), you really like the meal, it tastes delicious. Now imagine telling your mother (or wife), Mom (or Honey), that meal was amazing, those pots you have sure do cook good.

I wonder what they would say..... :lol:

reefrunner69 said:
Thanks Rich!

zenn said:
20D is a nice camera. It can take some amazing photos.

Imagine, if you will, sitting down to a nice meal prepared by your mother (or wife), you really like the meal, it tastes delicious. Now imagine telling your mother (or wife), Mom (or Honey), that meal was amazing, those pots you have sure do cook good.

I wonder what they would say..... :lol:

sorry man. Didn't mean to step all over your skills there. You are a talented photographer. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom