A very rare fish... Who knows what it is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashdavid

Aquarium Advice Regular
Another pic of one of my fish, its the one on the left.

Attachments

• img_7329snowy_1af_175.jpg
    img_7329snowy_1af_175.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 540
Sorry guys this fish won't be on aquabid. It is not an african lung and for another hint it is the only specimen of its kind in the world!

WaterPond said:
I have absolutely no clue then. I've exhausted google and yahoo searches. lol, obviously if its one of a kind i'm not going to find anything about it.

Ok another hint, it is from Australia! :wink:

It still has the appearance of a lungfish. Found this on google and it looks similar:
http://www.sheddaquarium.org/australianlungfish.html

Australian_Lungfish_Five.JPG

So I'm going to guess an Albino Australian Lungfish

evercl92 said:
Though the fish may be rare, I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

ashdavid said:
it is the only specimen of its kind in the world!

B/C There is only one breeder in the world, currently and in the past who is legaly able to breed and use wild fish for the the purpose of breeding the Australian lungfish. He has a data base on all specimens caught and of wild ones that have been taged and released for study that is required for him to breed the fish. These lung fish are a C.I.T.E.S. protected fish and require strict documentation for them to be imported, and in Australia they are only found in a few river systems. On top of that these color morphs tend to die soon after birth in previous captive breeding ,as they seem to be weaker than the normal varients at that stage which does not give them much chance in the wild and not to mention the fact that yellow does not give them good camoflage from predators.

@ evercl92, Do you even have any idea or information on this fish to throw out an accusation like this? I KNOW you don't to say something like that if you did have any idea. Oh, and I was not going to say this ,but I feel it may be beneficial for you, but don't you think someone who is going to spend over $30,000 US dollars on a fish they would research before they buy?

actually he came right out and said it was the only one of its kind in the world. Obviously that cannot be the case nor what he meant. Maybe the OP should take more care in the way he posts as we can only respond to what was written.

As for the fish, I think if it is CITES protected then I dont care how much money you have, you shouldnt have the fish.

Hara said:
As for the fish, I think if it is CITES protected then I dont care how much money you have, you shouldnt have the fish.

I agree. If it is that rare/endangered that it is CITES protected, the only people that should have such fish are programs that are SUCCESFULLY breeding them and SUCCESFULLY introducing them to the wild. I don't think the Aquarist that sold the OP this fish should have done so.

On another note, seems like the OP is trying to brag/showoff. Then again, if you spend 30k on a fish, let alone go around telling people about it, you may have larger problems.

Back
Top Bottom