Acei, from little to huge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DizzCat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some more video's to share.

The first one is tiny Acei, newly released: (little orange ones are newly released Red Zebras)
YouTube - Acei Fry New

This one is a couple of them 3 months later. They are about an inch now and already have attitude :D
YouTube - AceiKids

This is their 6.5 inch Papa. Also in this vid are his ladies. All my adult Acei are at least 6".
YouTube - AceiMaleBest

Here is a tank shot. Their sizes range from 4" to 6.5".
African Mbuna featured:
Red Zebra, Yellow Labs, Acei. Perlmutts and Hongi.
The black fish with red fins is a 6" Rainbow Shark.
YouTube - Mbuna Tank
object%3E

Sweet looking fish... im gonna have to start working on my video skills so i can do this for my afras

Thanks people!

Spoon, I bet you can't wait till yours get that big, huh? They are so awesome now that they are big!

Here is a closer view of the tank. The whitish fish are my Perlmutts. They are really getting pretty!
YouTube - 55 Mbuna tank

I dont think mine are growing at all! Or is it just the fact that I want them to be 4-6" overnight? LOL You are right. I cant wait.

I dont think mine are growing at all! Or is it just the fact that I want them to be 4-6" overnight? LOL You are right. I cant wait.
mine havent grown a millimeter since i got them, and ive fed them like crazy lol... i think she's adding some miracle grow to her tanks lol

LOL guys! I feed mine New Life Spectrum pellets. I feed my fry that too when they get used to eating. For the fry I put some pellets in a coffee grinder and grind it up to almost powder. Mine didn't seem to grow at all either and then I started using NLS and they exploded!

The one that surprised me was the male Acei. I bought him at about 4" and he seemed to grow 2.5" in a month! He was smaller than the girls in the begining and now is the biggest fish in the tank!

I have had all my big fish (except the male Acei) since June of last year, so it does take a bit for them to grow. The medium sized ones that are around 4" I have had for between 4 and 6 months. What gets people is not just their length, but how big and husky they are compared to most aquarium fish. That is why a 30 gallon is just not big enough for Mbuna in the long run. If you look at the first video, a 30 gallon would be about half as long as that tank. Can you imagine those big husky guys in a tank half that size??

Had to delete the one that they are nipping at my fingers. Because I named the file finger nipping all these X-rated videos were associated with it! Sheez! I renamed the file and uploaded it again.
Here it is without the x-rated crap. I love at the end how the Acei nibbles at me then burbs a big air bubble LOL
YouTube - Mbuna

Back
Top Bottom