ADA 45P Forest aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nigel95

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I started with a nano tank and sold it pretty quick to go "bigger". I was thinking about a second high tech setup and wanted to buy an ada 60p. But I decided to go smaller and go for the ada 45p as I already have an eheim 2211 with 2 sets of lily pipes which I can use for this setup. It will cost less plants, soil etc. but IMO it's harder to scape a nano tank. Tried my best to create some depth in this 45x27x30 cm tank.

Specs planted tank aquarium
Tank ADA 45P
45x27x30 cm
34 litre

Lighting
Daytime eco 40

Hardscape
Lava rock
Spiderwood

Substrate
ADA Aqua Soil

Shrimp
35 Neocaridina heteropoda var. Yellow

Fish
Rasbora brigittae

Snails
3 Clithon sp.

Plants
fissidens fontanus
fissidens fox
flame moss
weeping moss
riccardia chamedryfolia
crepidomanes malabaricum
usuki moss
riccardia sp. graeffei
buce moss

Co2
Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor
Co2 checker edge (30 ppm)

Heater
Hydor eth 200 temperature 23 celcius

Filter
Eheim classic 150

Hardscape
ADA 45P Forest Aquascape Hardscape - YouTube
hardscape planted day 1 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Day 25
ada 45p forest scape nigel day 25 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Day 42
Nature Aquarium Aquascaping - Forest Aquascape - Day 42 - YouTube

Day 56
ada 45p forest day 56 by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

Light unit daytime eco 40.
CRI 90
1320 lumens

Last edited by a moderator:
New Twinstar 450 e series for the ADA 45p. Lovely colors! Bought this already for the next rescape (brazil style). In that scape I will be using stems with colors so this led comes in handy. I like the design!
new twinstar e series by Nigel H, on Flickr

First final shot is done. The photo is ok but it can improve a little more. Needs some time till the back fills in more, to have less negative space. But it feels good to have a good picture already in case something happens with the tank. When contests are over I will share the final shot with you guys :)

Here you can see my setup how I do final shots. I don't use my twinstar when doing final shot because it will block out light of my external flashes. I use a very small led flood light above the tank so I can still see the position of the fishes. It is a lot easier when you have a hanging kit. It takes a lot of pictures to get that one with the fish in right position. Even after 180 photos I don't have the perfect photo with them all being in a line. The black cardboard is to reduce the amount of light entering in the camera lens.
final shot ada 45p setup by Nigel H, on Flickr

Thank you for sharing the set up part, it is nice to see the whole process. Not just the beautiful contest pic.

Possibly it will encourage someone else to try this as well.

Back
Top Bottom