amazing tanks and creative ideas ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andjak

Aquarium Advice Activist
K hi all to start with I'm Jak 25 from London and I'm hooked on aquaria :p so I have been reading through all these forums and can't get enough of the unique amazing builds some of you do for your tanks for example there is the open bottom tank and the three tier waterfall tanks that are stunning there is also the fish cave which I assume is still under construction also amazing I really want a crazy looking large tank made up of multiple tanks so as I research all the odds and sods I wanted to make a forum for all of you to share your creative ideas for tanks or aquascaping anything really let's think outside the tank here :D id love to hear all your ideas and experiences of building your own creative tanks :p

No one at all :( I mean what about an ant farm style fish tank made of plenty of interconnecting chambers and tanks obv there will be problems such as cleaning or feedin to certain tanks unless I can create a water tight locking system in the connectors between chambers and water pressure of
Lower tanks :s or a long sorta wide glass track that runs around the room at sorta mid wall height :s hmmm those are just of the top of me head omg what about a walk in tank :p (if I had all the money I would need ) tank floor of a room down by foot or so an similar along all walls and ceiling of a room so u could walk into the tank and be surrounded

No one at all :( I mean what about an ant farm style fish tank made of plenty of interconnecting chambers and tanks obv there will be problems such as cleaning or feedin to certain tanks unless I can create a water tight locking system in the connectors between chambers and water pressure of
Lower tanks :s or a long sorta wide glass track that runs around the room at sorta mid wall height :s hmmm those are just of the top of me head omg what about a walk in tank :p (if I had all the money I would need ) tank floor of a room down by foot or so an similar along all walls and ceiling of a room so u could walk into the tank and be surrounded

I think it's a great concept and I've seen pictures of them. I don't know how many members do this, but the big issues would be proper filtration / water flow among others.

It must be possible I mean I Spose it would be enough filters and pumps around to create a flow placed In appropriate places but I mean there must be a better way how do large aquariums filter huge ones ? Any other crazy inventive ideas what would you all do it all laws of physics and restrictions were not in place what would you love for a tank

filtration of connecting tanks

Well i am no expert but i would say each tank regardless of connecting to others should have it's own apropriet size filteation. Otherwise there would be too much turbulance from a big thing and it wouldnt clean the other tanks well at all. Consider the pet store. Each tank has ots own stuff, yet all connected. You could use a system that works as a hub or octopuse setup. (Not sure what to call it exactly)

Personally I think this is an area were you are limited only by money and your own imagination. With acrylic and drilling of tanks any more lots of different stuff is being done in this area.

I like the tank in the second picture, looks very attractive. I have some designs of unusual tanks I have developed myself, but I am clueless of how to actually bring them to life.

Back
Top Bottom