Anemone Show Off Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Did not see one already made so I figured I'd start a thread for people to show off their anemones. I currently have 3 small anemones now with the new addition of a Mini-Maxi in my 40 gallon reef tank.

Entacmaea quadricolor
V6nFviC.jpg

Epicystis crucifer
GKopMzR.jpg

Stichodactyla tapetum
QlzYKW0.jpg

No one on board this thread yet? I know there are some very awesome Nems out there, lets see em! I have since gotten rid of my Rock Flower and recently acquired a new Mini-Maxi. Here are all of mine now.

RBTA
o83STaf.jpg

Mini-Maxi's
hGRC1Lp.jpg

TaqOwD6.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433933630.934918.jpg

I bought this guy and he was severely bleached. In this picture he's gaining some color back. Now he's looking very dark brown and glows like crazy under actinics.

was looking for rock nems the other day I came across this one it's drop dead gorgeous ,
than I saw the price I about drop dead seeing that $295. price tag that's insane
img_3267937_0_9ac0526bf6997f3797434a263f44489b.png

I"m going to be moving this one into my predator tank , as the clowns are beating it up again ,
img_3267937_1_e1e7b47996e8a9b20eb745bfe07d9184.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really nice rock flower Seaweed! However, that does come with a price though.

yes indeed a very large price , I can get 12 long tentacle nems for the price of that not that I'd want 12 of them , Sand dollar got me hooked on rock nems now I"m looking for a good place to buy bulk , that's how I encountered that one

I thought I got a pretty good deal on this mini maxi nem for $35. I got first pick on the order, it has been doing fantastic ever since.

dZOCNCZ.jpg

sweet , I ordered a green carpet nem should be here tomorrow that too was $35.

ImageHandler.ashx

I was looking at a white one too thinking about getting it too it's$45.
can different carpet nems be next to each other I am thinking of carpeting the sand bed, I still have the rock nem plan for the rocks,
ImageHandler.ashx

My new carpet nem and red coris wrasse
img_3269838_0_20e9e0bebf3bb47f9970cc29ddf66d1c.jpg

Very cool! Those guys get HUGE though so be prepared. Not sure if they can touch, but I would assume they could if they are the same species. (really good at eating small fish too) Good luck with it, they are very cool especially when they get real big!

my brothers bringing me a 180g tank when he comes out in oct , I"m going to set it up in the basement ,
last night my carpet nem decided he was going to turn inside out I got the best laugh ever my wife and daughter both freaked out , this morn he looks even bigger and more bright in color,

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447425349.479945.jpg
Was gone for work for 6month and came home to an "anemone tank" there was 16 total. Lfs loved to see me coming in with bags of anemones to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom