Angels Laying Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonit

Aquarium Advice Activist
I walked by my tank today and saw one of my angelfish swimming with his mouth at the top of the tank. I thought, "Oh no! It's sick." Well, it wasn't sick, it was laying eggs! I didn't even know that these two had paired off! Anyway, I grabbed the camera, because I thought it might be helpful for others to know exactly what the behaviors looked like. The eggs were laid in the corner of the tank on the silicone. So much for the broad leafed Amazon Sword and piece of flat pottery I put in there for them to use!

That sucks that they laid the eggs on the tank, angels are usually prety stupid and eat the eggs. We had a pair once that always laid on something that couldn't be removed, finally after about 6 batches, they allowed the eggs to hatch without eating them :roll:

Great pics, btw.

Are these two different types of angels or male/female of same kind? The stripey one is really attractive.
Great pix :D

The small one is a female marble angel, and the striped one is a male zebra angel. As far as I know they are variations within the same species: P. Scalare (sp?)

Back
Top Bottom