Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Any advice on how to take good fish pictures

I have a tank with several fish and coral. For some reason I cant get a good picture. I am using a Fuji S5000 camera. Most of the issues seem to be with reflection off the tank, and color spectrum of the VHO light bulbs. I have attached a couple of the pics .

Additionally I wrote an article on what it takes to set up a 300 Gallon tank, and would like to post it.

I am new to both message boards and this forum. Any advice is welcome.
[/list]

Old 07-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The first question will best be answered in the Show Off/PHotography forum so im moving this there.

For the second point. Go ahead and post.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Your pics didnt come thru. They probably where greater than 100KB.

First you should not use the flash unless you can use a remote flash. Using the flash will cause a 'flashback' from the glass unless you position the flash at an angle. Your camera if its a digital model will have a setting to adjust the white balance. If you can manually set it then find some white in your tank and use that to calabrate your white balance.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I am using a Fuji S5000 camera.
Try the auto white balance or the flouresceant WB setting, or shoot in RAW and set it in conversion using PhotoShop CS RAW converter or s7RAW (free ) forget the converter that came with your cam it sucks.

Agree with FF on the flash, but your cam doesn't have a manual WB setting, so you either gotta do it after the fact in RAW conversion, or find whatever comes closest.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:33 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

To reduce room reflections on the tank take the picture with room light low or none. Dont point the camera straight front and center but off to the side a bit and at a angle. This will lower the amount of flash reflections.

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com