Any body has full grown Oscar's? , share pics here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only have 2 cichilds that are fully grow. And yes the gray rock is only when ive buy it, it was looking black when dry and it was whrite black rock on the package. But im looking to change it with sand soon. But for bow im planning to buy a new house in a month or two

Nice!, im hoping to upgrade my african cichlid tank i have 3 of them,

image-3953396185.jpg

image-491178485.jpg

image-1898129188.jpg

Are they full grown?

Some people are cross breeding cichlids and the results lack black lines on the dorsal fin.

Here is my mated pair. I say mated rather than breeding pair because they haven't spawned, as yet. The Albino Oscar stole the Tiger away from another Red Oscar last year so I'm hoping they'll settle down and lay some eggs soon.
jpg.gif
Courting Oscars 003.JPG (58.5 KB)

Attachments

• Courting Oscars 003.JPG
    Courting Oscars 003.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 103
Nice what do you do with the fry?
Nothing yet. They have yet to spawn. I have had pairs before though. I usually take the rock or slate they spawned on out and place it in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone in front with the slate placed at an angle so the bubbles flow up the eggs to keep them from fungusing. I have a special octagon shaped piece of ceramic tile with a hole in it. A strap tied to the hole lets me pull the tile out with the eggs on it without being bitten by the parents. Microworms, Babybrine shrimp and Daphnia are good first foods.

Here's my oscars

Attachments

• image-4261042342.jpg
    image-4261042342.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-739755385.jpg
    image-739755385.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 108
Saw these guys at my fish shop dunno what happened to his face :/

Attachments

• image-3151816408.jpg
    image-3151816408.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2811138214.jpg
    image-2811138214.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 114
Saw these guys at my fish shop dunno what happened to his face :/
It could be a genetic defect. I had one not quite that bad years ago. I called him Popeye. I have a Lutino Oscar that when he was about 4 inches long, jumped out of the tank when I went to feed. From four feet in the air he landed about 7 feet away. I just picked him up, put him back and thought nothing of it until I noticed a week later that his mouth was crooked. Still a good looking fish and you have to really look to see it but his face looks like it's pushed to one side.

Back
Top Bottom