Anyone have a big tank with tiny fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10Gallon

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I had the space and $$ for a big tank, I'd have many small fish. For example, If I had a 75, maybe 15 Cories, 20 White Clouds, and about 30 small tetras the same species. Most folks with large tanks stock them with larger fish. Post pics of your big tank small fish setup. I like to see those.

Big schools in large tanks are impressive. I really enjoy watching videos with huge schools of rummynose.

In my 120 long, I keep 12x Red Eye Tetras, 12x Buenos Aires Tetras, 5x Diamond Tetras, 6x Tiger Stripe Silver Dollars, as well as several medium sized Cichlids. IMO, not overstocked. I like watching the schooling behavior.

I agree. Big tank with small fish look great. And it must be that more enjoyable for the fish..lots of room to spread out

My 125g houses mostly tiny fish. No good pictures on hand.
Not to big, but 55gal - 40 neon tetras, thinking if to add 20 more :) (+6 small algae eaters and pair of shy angels)

2v2JKTatgxUHnUD.jpg

Mine generally does. I like schooling fish and it’s 150gal so bit of room for stocking. I don’t tend to go above a dozen of each as I confess I find it too hard to keep track of them.

With the fish I still have now I have had 20-30 cardinals and over 20 rummy nose in my 180 .
They were impressive and expensive. It seems to me {IMO} most fish are opposite of dogs...
Small dogs live longer then big dogs ,but most smaller fish have much shorter lives then big fish. I still have a school of over 20 lemon tetras in my tank I do really enjoy seeing a school or two of similar fish , but my roselines and clown loaches have just lasted longer..All are between 5 and 15 years old..And they all sort of hang out in schooling type activities..It's not the same as seeing 30 + cardinals but it last longer..

If I had the space and $$ for a big tank, I'd have many small fish. For example, If I had a 75, maybe 15 Cories, 20 White Clouds, and about 30 small tetras the same species. Most folks with large tanks stock them with larger fish. Post pics of your big tank small fish setup. I like to see those.

IMG_1301.jpg hav Neon tetra, lyretail delta guppies and white cloud menows getting some green neons from my local pet store on Saturday can’t wait

I have mostly danios, rasboras, and tetras, and Cory cats in this 150g. A few bigger fish (Roselines, bushy nose, banjo cat), but they're in the minority.

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 146
Beautiful tank. That certainly is a lot of space to fill, and you did a great job doing so.(y)

Mostly little.

72G, with at one time 100 Neon Tetras, now maybe 70...

Big fish were snacking on them. So now only big fish is a Clown Loach, Other Clown Loach is small still. [side note] Searching for the next biggest tank for them to move to. Have had to put off more attempts at getting more CL as the last batch were sick and died in QT. And ill fish presently in the QT have prevented new group.

Not the best pic but you can see a bunch of them
60074-albums11380-picture71782.jpg

I love my 55 gallery my with a great assortment of small fish. It gives it lots of lifeIMG_4995.jpgIMG_4998.jpg

I do not, but I soon will. I'm going to go with a school of 20 or so neon tetras, then 2 larger fish. I am thinking about angels, but I've never kept them. that being said, more research is needed.

I'm in the process of setting up a 38 gallon for nano fish :) I think a tank with lots of little fish is awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom