aquascaping advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skratchiechan

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys, I'm in the process of cycling my tank and I have about 37 lbs in there (60g tank) will add more later... but the question is do I build upon what I have going up or should I rearrange? I like the look of it right now tho... advice is greatly appreciated :)

img_1187490_0_b62bfc254a98e6e9573980413446f751.jpg

Here is an overly simple explanation.

Like houseplants, aquatic plants have different light and food requirements.

Low light plants will usually grow well with 1 to 2 watts of light per gallon (no acitinic lights) and require less fertilization and no CO2. They tend to grow slower than medium or high light plants.

Med. and high light plants require more than 2 watts of light per gallon, regular fertilization and will probably require C02 injection.

Thats an overly simple way to put it.

lol thanks for the simpified version :p

and I'll prolly go with low just got a 4 bulb HO lights, on my way to put it on :)

Many disagree with me, but I think starting out with lowlight is best.

They're much easier and you can always evolve to plants that have more complex and expensive growing requirements.

Good luck!

Just adding my two cents here..
I like the rocks now, but if you're going to add more I'll second that opinion on building around it rather than rearranging.

Also, I like your stand! :D

Yes, you have an eyepleasing arrangement with the rocks as they are. Some green will really punch it up.

That aquascape will look good if you put the SPS on the top and LPS/Softies down below on the ground.

This is a reef right?

it's goin to be soon hopefully, I'm just making sure my water parameters are good before I put them in. so far I got 2 damsels 1 emerald crab and 2 small hermits... also on the lr there's some softies that came with it :)

img_1188965_0_0bba65d597fb4b0caaa801ff570a4091.jpg

Your rock work looks good,like others have stated just build around what you have so far.If you plan on any gobies I would make sure the rocks won't shift and fall.

That dont look to bad personally i like to make a valley in the middle or break the tank into thirds 2/3 the main rock structer and a island for the last third for two reasons it look cool and it make catching fish you dont want alot easier

Back
Top Bottom